Thursday, June 13, 2013

Contagious

I have the chickenpox.

This is kind of ridiculous. I know that. But seriously, I have the chickenpox.

I actually feel fine, I'm just covered in itchy red spots. So I am not going to work for the next week in hope of not infecting everyone around me as well. But I'm not allowed to go do anything fun either! No flyball, no roller derby, no Saturday market. I'm seriously debating driving down to the Wildlife Safari, because it is something I could enjoy from my own car and not worry about infecting anyone.

I'm bored already!

Stupid contagious disease.

8 comments:

  1. I was always told that once you brake out in the spots, you are no longer contagious! It's the weeks leading up to it so technically you've already infected everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are contagious 1-2 days before breaking out in spots and continue being contagious until all of the spots have scabbed over, which is normally 1-2 weeks. So, yes, still very contagious right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. =( I've always heard that adult chicken pox are worse than getting them as a kid - for your sake, I hope that's not true! Luckily I had chicken pox when I was younger, so I don't have to worry about them now. I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, that sucks! I hope the dogs are keeping you company:/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! That sucks! I hope you are OK because I've heard the adult version is worse, too...Take care. And just think, you can spend all the time you want browsing blogs w/o feeling like you're missing something...oh, but be sure to disinfect the keyboard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh.. I hope you get better soon, take care of yourself and a nice soothing bath in Epsom salts is divine when you have the chickenpox!!

    ReplyDelete