Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring

I've noticed, while reading through a number of blogs by people in the Pacific Northwest, that many are commenting on the amount of rain. Apparently, it has rained every single day in March.

I have to say, I didn't really notice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I mean, I realized it was raining a good bit, but the sun was out every day too. At least for a while. We generally got to spend at least an hour, dry, at the park every day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The grass on the sporting fields is growing amazingly tall and super green.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The dogs have been spending a good amount of time supplementing their raw diet with fresh green spring grasses.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And, I think all this wonderful grass, sun, and rain is making my dogs crazy.

Koira looks a bit demented.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pallo is going all floppy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They get to the park, and go crazy nutso insane excited. Pallo starts whining as soon as he realizes where we are going. Then, when I let them loose in the fields, its PLAY TIME.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Plus, the park is a great chance for socialization. The park is so large, and unfenced, that we generally only come up on one or two dogs at a time, not the big packs of dogs many people see at dog parks (and avoid dog parks because of).

These two were headed by with their owner, who was biking, so stopped for a fast "hello" before heading on their merry way.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This pretty little whippet is surprisingly outgoing, and even managed to get Pallo into some chase games for a little bit.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So, overall, I have no complaints about the weather. Its Oregon. It rains sometimes. I love the green grass, green trees, and our generally green-all-over state, and for that, we need a lot of rain. Its just one more of the many things I love about living here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment